Candle starts fire at the Avalon on the Sound apartment building in New Rochelle

A candle is being blamed for a fire in New Rochelle overnight. Firefighters responded to a call at the Avalon on the Sound apartment building

NEW ROCHELLE - A candle is being blamed for a fire in New Rochelle overnight.

Firefighters responded to a call at the Avalon on the Sound apartment building on Huguenot Street around 12:30 a.m. today.

Investigators tell News 12 the flames were contained to just one apartment because the building's automatic sprinkler system put the blaze out immediately.

No injuries have been reported.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

News 12's Cefaan Kim suffered a fractured nose 1 4 teenagers arrested in attack on News 12 reporter CeFaan Kim
2 Westchester/Hudson Valley Sportscast, March 24
WASHINGTON, DC - SEPTEMBER 25: (L-R) Chinese President 3 A look back at Michelle Obama's fashion
Cops say the driver was speeding when he 4 Dylan Bixler, slams into telephone pole on Farragut Avenue in Hastings
The giraffe was born Friday at the Leo 5 Endangered giraffe born in Greenwich

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE