Candle starts fire at the Avalon on the Sound apartment building in New Rochelle

A candle is being blamed for a fire in New Rochelle overnight. Firefighters responded to a call at the Avalon on the Sound apartment building

NEW ROCHELLE - A candle is being blamed for a fire in New Rochelle overnight.

Firefighters responded to a call at the Avalon on the Sound apartment building on Huguenot Street around 12:30 a.m. today.

Investigators tell News 12 the flames were contained to just one apartment because the building's automatic sprinkler system put the blaze out immediately.

No injuries have been reported.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

VIDEO: Chopper 12 over Tappan Zee Bridge construction 1 VIDEO: Chopper 12 over Tappan Zee Bridge construction
State Sen. Ruben Diaz visited Melrose-based artist Robinson 2 Black History Month: Robinson Alston
Fears of an immigration crackdown are spreading across 3 2 legislators introduce Westchester Immigration Protection Act
A group of GoFundMe contributors and a medical 4 Charitable acts help sick Texas boy get home
At Pole Position Raceway in Farmingdale you can 5 LI Winter: Pole Position Raceway

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE