Attic fire on Mersereau Avenue leaves Mount Vernon family homeless

A Mount Vernon family is homeless after a late night attic fire. Fire officials say the smoky blaze ignited around 11 p.m. at a home

Firemen think a malfunctioning electrical outlet in the

Firemen think a malfunctioning electrical outlet in the attic is likely to blame.

MOUNT VERNON - A Mount Vernon family is homeless after a late night attic fire.

Fire officials say the smoky blaze ignited around 11 p.m. at a home on Mersereau Avenue. It took about 20 Mount Vernon firefighters 45 minutes to place the blaze under control

Four people inside at the time were able to get out safely, but will not be able to go back inside because of electrical issues and water damage.

Investigators think a malfunctioning electrical outlet in the attic is likely to blame.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Trending Video

1 Westchester/Hudson Valley Sportscast, March 24
VIDEO: Interview with Newburgh fire chief 2 VIDEO: Interview with Newburgh fire chief
Weekend Travel Advisory, 3/24-3/26 3 Weekend Travel Advisory, 3/24-3/26
VIDEO: Rob Astorino blasts free tuition plan 4 VIDEO: Rob Astorino blasts free tuition plan
A New York architect has proposed a design 5 The Buzz: New York Skyscraper

advertisement | advertise on News 12

Features

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to News12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service Electric℠ video customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE