Attic fire forces family from New Rochelle home

Flames and heavy smoke pushed out from the upper windows at the home on Chester Place. (5/14/14)

NEW ROCHELLE - A family in New Rochelle was forced out of their home overnight after a fire sparked in their attic.

Flames and heavy smoke pushed out from the upper windows at around 11 p.m. yesterday at the home on Chester Place.

Fire officials say the people living at the house were able to get out safely. The fire was contained to the attic area and it took crews about a half an hour to place the blaze under control.

Read More:  Westchester Top Stories

There is no word yet on what exactly sparked the fire.

advertisement | advertise on News 12

advertisement | advertise on News 12